Saturday, June 10, 2017

Welcome!

Do you have a job? Are you planning on getting a job? Have you ever worked in a job? If so, this site is for you.

Most of us have to work in order to keep a roof over our heads or food on our plates. Some of us are privileged enough to get an education that allows us to work in a field we are skilled in. Others of us are in a field we loved at first, and then realized it wasn't for us. Plenty of us just have jobs in order to survive, regardless of education or interest.

I am grateful for my education, I am grateful I have a job. My challenge was that due to my education  (and other personality traits) I thought I was better than my job and the tasks required of me. Over the course of five years, I had several managers talk with me about being more pro-active in helping others and consistent in my attitude.

Last year, I had a wake up call. I was given the choice to change myself, or to change jobs (not so voluntarily). As a result, I wanted to take positive action, learn from my mistakes and change my behavior. This was NOT an overnight practice, and took time.

This blog is a series of lessons that I have learned, and am learning. I hope it inspires young professionals, mid-career employees, and any person who experiences the ups and downs in the workplace.

Are you ready? Let's begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment